Subject: [Leica] Ultimate travel Tripod and matching case case
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 16:52:20 -0400

At 04:27 PM 4/5/2009, you wrote:
>Yes, leave the tripod at home.
>
>Or at least in the boot of the car.
>
>Nathan

Yes.  Make yourself into a tripod.  Use a garbage can or fence.  I've
needed a tripod maybe 5 times in 30 years.  Of course, when you need
one, you really need one.  I do have the small Gitzo.  I'm not home
now so I'm not sure what the number is, but you can't go wrong with
Gitzo.  Mine straps on the outside of my LowePro backpack or comes
apart and fits inside a roll-on camera bag.  You might also consider
a monopod.  Gitzo makes a great one.  You can also use it as a hiking
stick or cane.

Good luck,

Tina

Tina Manley