Subject: [Leica] IMG: Chicha Drinkers
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 17:58:03 -0400

PESO:

Still editing the Chinchero market photos.  I don't think I'll ever
finish this day!!  It was probably my most fun day photographically,
though.  Lots of people who never objected to being photographed:

http://www.pbase.com/image/110978046

Caption:  Quechua men and women in distinctive hats drink chicha,
corn beer fermented with saliva, at the Sunday market in the village
of Chinchero in the Sacred Valley of Peru.  The glasses are dipped in
water with herbs between each use to sanitize them.

The contrast was extreme between the bright sunny background and the
darker shady foreground under a canopy.  I tried using curve
adjustment layers.  Any other suggestions?

TIA

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com