Subject: [Leica] related to the assignment - just had to say it
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 07:17:33 -0400

George,
Your comments about bringing things to light are most welcome.
Unfortunately, most of the TARP funds and where they went exactly is being
hidden.  We are supposed to be outraged by $165 million in bonuses but no
one tells us where the other 60 billion went.  If AIG was going down because
folks who bought Credit Default  Swaps for securities they didn't own why
are we in such a hurry to pay them off?  If the problem is mortgages backed
securities that have unknown values causing capital issues with banks
holding them then why not change the accounting rules as to valuation; if
the note is current then the security is at full value.  Many people are
technically underwater with a mortgage but still pay the note every month.