Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 41, Issue 170
From: nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:08:26 +0100

Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Bob wrote:
>
>>> We had our annual Seder (Passover) dinner on Saturday night.
>>> My?favorite
>>> catch was this one:
>>> http://raflexions.com/2009Seder/content/L1000706_large.html
>

> Excellent photo. But I would crop the out of focus foreground just
> below the plate. Concentrate on the very expressive face.
>
> Larry Z
I would disagree, I'd say crop the top and right slightly so that the
girls eyes are on the third, burn the table items in the foreground down
and lighten the girl's face, take the skin tones of the hand down. Then
you have a depth or focus, precision and a story, eyes go from light but
out of focus food, to engaging with the girl's eyes, to the darker piece
of chocolate pudding on the fork. There's then a line that extends from
the out of focus top of the fries box, along the paper, to her plate.
The chair back points to her, the out of focus light patch between the
wall and person in the rear frames the back of her head. I'd kill the
blue teddy.

Philip.