Subject: [Leica] OT: Lightroom taking up space on iMac?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:13:37 -0700

>Yeah but the backups are on an external HD otherwise I would have
>thought that's what happened. Maybe there's an LR folder on my
>computer HD I'm not aware of?
>
>Still looking.
>
>Chris

Hi Chris (and other Mac users), have a look at:

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnidisksweeper/

This utility has recently become freeware, so now everyone should
have it. It tells you where your hard disk went, including all the
hidden files (remove those at your peril unless you know exactly what
you're doing!).

I've used it for years to locate big files on peoples disks that eat
up disk space.

Also running Applejack once in a while can help, especially if you
turn off your Mac at night or use a notebook:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/applejack/

It does disk cleaning to various levels, but I run it on my laptop
regularly at the least powerful level by typing in 'applejack auto
restart' at the prompt, after starting up the mac in single user mode
by holding down command-s after the boing (after installing
Applejack).

It cleans the caches, the virtual memory spaces etc so it often helps
with disk space.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design