Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Children of the World
From: nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:41:18 +0100

But you chose happy smiling (well apart from the out of focus kid with
tears) children in under developed circumstances and haven't balanced
the assignment at all. There's no indication of moving forwards in those
pictures, India is reduced to candle light and children behind barbed
wire, South America to dirty clothing and water. I find it remarkable
that you regard these images as showing people improving their lives. If
you see only happy families then I suggest you look again, because you
really really are giving an entirely different impression of other nations.

I don't have an agenda. These images are trite, as an assignment it is
unbalanced, as a body of work it is patronising. Good colour balancing
though.