Subject: [Leica] 28 Summicron and IR hotspot... on film
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:20:11 -0700

It's prevalent to rangefinders, as they have no mirror to act as a
baffle.
That off course excludes the Nikon SP, of which the latter run used a
metal shutter.
It's one reason why usage of HEI took off when the SLR came into use.
The japanese SLRs that is.
A friend, back in the early 70's, converted an M4 to a metal shutter
curtain for that very reason.
It wasn't cheap, even by the neolithic economics of that era.
S.d.