Subject: [Leica] IMG Flying from the waves...
From: felixmaturana at telefonica.net (FŽelix L—opez de Maturana)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:25:54 +0200

> Hi Felix,
>
> A neat seaside shot. However here in Victoria when we have a major south
> west wind and the waves are breaking over the sea wall near the cemetery,
> the police close the road to stop vehicles and people going along the
> roadway getting water drenched by the huge waves. It's supposed to be fun?
>

> The reason for this is due to the logging along the west coast there are
> always big logs and chunks of wood floating near by. So with each 50 feet
> high or higher wave comes crashing down, this floating wood comes down on
> the road. Or people stupid enough to walk along.
>

> Over the years people have been badly hurt or cars trying to drive through
> the salt water, that I can't understand why anyone would want to have their
> car soaked with salt water. Great corrosion effect.   :-(  However cars
> have
> had wind shields smashed due to a huge log crashing down on them.
>

> We have a saying out here.. "Never turn your back on the sea as you never
> know what she can throw at you!"  Or worse, "A rouge wave so awesomely big
> you are hit and gone before you have any chance of survival."
>

> Yours is still an interesting photo though.
>

> ted

Thanks Ted for your kind words.

Here in the Cantabrico sea things are even worse. The strenght of the
waves -in big storms- falling from more than ten meters produce big
holes in the road where my pic was taken. Of course policemen place
barriers to forbid cars go through and do not allow people go on the
seaside. But you know, we are Spanish people and we do not like order
and authority -malhereusement- and even me -66- I went through the
barriers for taking this picture to my own risk. I hope this was worth.

Kind regards.

Felix