Subject: [Leica] Tripod recommendations
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:53:19 -0400

Look at both the Manfroto and the Gitzo tripods with arms off the center
column.  Combined with a ball head you can get pretty much wherever you need
to go.  If the Benbo's are relatively inexpensive where you live then that
works as well.  Like most things in photography you can get where you want
to go in any number of ways; you just have to lay hands on the solutions to
find the one that works for you.
My preference is for the Gitzo, http://www.gitzo.com look at the Explorer
series.