Subject: [Leica] Film processing
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 11:17:01 -0400

Jim

Too much Photoflo can definitely be a problem and will cause streaking. Use
about a third of Kodak's reccomendation. Something else, a five minute wash
(unless using hypo clear) is a bit short. Best to mix your developer with
distilled water as well.

Tina's  garment bag suggestion for film drying is a great way to go. There
is little or no reason to use any heat for drying the film unless you're on
deadline and someone is waiting to see the images. :)  I had a Wal-Mart
variety garment bag which lasted me for a heck of a long time. Never any
problems with dust.

Also, don't use sponges to dry your film after the Photoflo. Dip your
fingers in the Flo, shake them off and squeegee away. Years back an old
magazine shooter taught me that. Works like a charm.

Walt

Replies: Reply from rhart76 at gmail.com (Roger Hart) ([Leica] Film processing)