Subject: [Leica] Photoshop vs Journalism
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:14:39 +0200

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle believed in them - even though London society
thought he was mad..

I've often walked around Cottingley Woods (wonderful when the Bluebells
are blooming) and along the wooded canal towpath at Bingley as a lad
(about 45 minutes walk from where we lived in the UK), but I never saw
any. Perhaps they are only visible to true believers :-)

To be honest, I was more interested in things like this unique feat of
engineering from the 1770s:

http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk/ll/bingleyfiverise.htm  (there's
another two flights of impressive locks leading up to these, one with
three and one with two rises)

Here's a book review from a serious and very conservative regional
newspaper about the supernatural nature of the area:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/features/The-hills-are-alive-with.548300.jp

Cheers
Douglas

Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Photoshop vs Journalism)