Subject: [Leica] Partly OT Leica and Bessa cameras
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:50:21 -0400

To me a camera with a spare is a system.
Something you can really sink your teeth in.
Everyone's definition of what a minimum system is differs.
To many its a body with a wide, normal and tele lenses;
Maybe a flash. That's easy five pieces..
To me a backup body more than doubles the usefulness of everything.
I go out shooting with two bodies. And never change lenses.... When its a
more serious deal. Lots of people are of that mind set.
Even more a biggy with digital. You just don't want to be talking your glass
of in the cruel outside world. Every lens needs its own body.
With Leica M  you have some lenes which like certain bodies and wont work at
all with others so its even more a big deal.

And there's the fear of walking down dark alleys.
Or sending a body in for a tweak.
Or going out on the water taking pictures.
You've got a backup you can do anything.

I only start feeling really comfortable with a system when I get my first
backup body for it.

All this of course not new to Frank D.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Partly OT Leica and Bessa cameras)