Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 15: a great week
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 08:40:05 -0700

Nathan Wajsman showed::

> Last week was really good. Firstly, Monday was a day off. The weather

> was good, my son was still here visiting from England, there was

> Champions League football, I got a new lens, and towards the end of the

> week I flew to Denmark.

> Whether the resulting pics are any good is for the viewers to judge, but

> I certainly enjoyed taking them:

> http://www.fotocycle.dk:80/paws/?page_id=229
<http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=229%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c> <<<<<<<<

Hi Nathan

What comes from your walk abouts, camera on shoulder, with the occasional
beer & food thrown in. :-)  Are the observed moments you make into
interesting story telling photographs!

Are they always interesting photographs? One would have to say 99.9% of the
time they are! What we see through your eyes is a photographer who has a
"wonderful ability of observation to see the moment and seize it in a
click!!" Which I'm finding is far more important than all the techie stuff
some people get excited knickers over! Or wasting time writing about
technical stuff after the fact of the original shutter release! In most
cases having little to do whether the shot worked or not!

Most of the time the overstated technical comments are like a Monday morning
discussion on how the Saturday football game should've been played. It
really becomes quite tiresome after awhile!! However the techie stuff
doesn't change what triggered the most important thing in the first place! "
Light & Action of the Observed moment!"  Click!

Once again a pleasant visit in whatever town you visit! Or Bar/pub ! ;-)

It's the Great Spirit's answer to better pictures. Yeah techie helps, but if
one hasn't made an interesting exposure in the first place, who cares
whether the whites are "joyously white in various degrees" or whatever
technical crap some folks get wet knickers over!

Dr. ted