Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Children of the World
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 07:28:15 -0700

On Apr 25, 2009, at 8:24 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Steve Barbour offered:

> I clearly missed a lot here, it seems the LUG has been busy, like a
>
> giant inexorable glacier...
>
> teeming with controversy and fascinating discussions...<<<<<<<
>

> Hi Steve,
>
> Welcome home! And your comment?

> right for their stated purpose...kids will love them...
>

> I bring no agenda, and I certainly left with none.
>

> I do find that in spite of the obvious differences in your subjects,
>
> these photos of children will connect with a young audience, not
>
> because of differences, but very much in spite of them... the feeling
>
> that comes from your work so very appealing to children is the
>
> sensation that kids are the same the world over...this will really
>
> move your young audiences...<<<<<,
>

> Absolutely!!!!! Tina as I understand has had great responses from the
> children she showed her photographs too. Children relate to children
> the
> world over.
>
> It's only when they are influenced by dimwit adults with a problem
> do they
> begin to develop negativisms one unto the other!
>

> In any event I trust it was an excellent time in one of my favourite
> cities
> of the world! Never had a bad time in Paris since my first time
> there 50
> years ago!
>

> Go there and you just fall in love! Well you know what I mean, ;-)
> with the
> location, the restaurants, bars and the wonderful Parisians! :-)

absolutely yes,    comme tu sais, I married one....   :-)

Paris, always changing, always the same....

so beautiful, so bitter sweet...

we stayed close to where I worked there in 1975- 1976, coin Jussieu ,
rue Mouffetard...

we also spent a week on a farm in Normandy...

I used my M8 and two lenses...Summicron 50/2 DR and Summicron 35/2
pre ASPH version 4...that's all I took...

If I have anything to show to the LUG, just a little later...

I do hope to get to my photos soon...

avec mes amities, Steve