Subject: [Leica] If real photographers shoot B&W...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:29:18 -0700

Gary Dalton asked:

>>...then what are the films of choice?

>>In other words, you have two empty bulk loaders. What would you put in
them?

>>(Assumes a wide variety of possible subjects... portraits, architecture
-- you name it....)

Hi Gary,

The assignment dictates the answer to your question! I suppose if  your
question is to an amateur, it doesn't matter what film they use, he or she
would have to answer  your question.

But from a professional photojournalist's point of view, long before
digital, my answer if shooting for a magazine? I'd have one loaded with
Super XX -- Tri-x and one with Ektachrome of some kind depending on the
subject and lighting.  Or time of photos required for publication. In the
case of shooting any medical assignments certainly or photo essay or book,
both would be loaded with Tri-X rated at ASA 800!

You can see examples of the B&W medical material on my website.
Tedgrantphoto.com shot with Leica M and R cameras with a variety lenses. The
only way to go!

ted