Subject: [Leica] 1964 Worlds Fair Pix (Continued)
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 21:08:23 -0400

I've added seven more to the album, showing more of the grounds, the
crowds, and the exhibits during the day.

Sorry about the slightly washed-out Pieta.  There's only so much you
can do with a overexposed slide.  I thought you might enjoy seeing the
exhibit in any case.

Just looking at the picture of the Disney UNICEF exhibit got that
damned Small World song rattling around in my head again.  You know it:

"It's a small world after all...
It's a small world after all...
It's a small world after all...
It's a small, small world."

Repeat

Repeat

(etc.)

Now you can suffer along with me.  Heh ...  :-)

Anyone who went through that exhibit heard it about twenty times.*
It's one of the best examples of a meme I've ever run across.  I defy
you to get it out of your head tonight.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/1964+WORLDS+FAIR/

or

http://tinyurl.com/ayfwzb

Regards,

Dick
off-list comments to r.s.taylor at comcast dot net please.

* We also saw enough Kewpie dolls to make us sick from saccharine
overload.

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] 1964 Worlds Fair Pix (Continued))