Subject: [Leica] Totally OT: OSX on a tiny laptop?
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 08:56:47 +0100

Nathan,
I know someone who put OSX on to an Acer Aspire one (I think) - just to
prove that it could be done and tick off a colleague with a Macbook air.

I have a HP2133 netbook, which is currently running Ubuntu with the
Gnome desktop.  It's a lovely little machine, but one thing that I find
a slight problem is the size of the screen.  It's high resolution (can't
remember the specs), and whilst it's usable, it's often quite hard work.
  Also, the processor power of netbooks is limited, so there isn't much
grunt there.  It's probable that running applications like Lightroom
would be very slow.

I recently bought a Macbook and since I've had this, the netbook hasn't
been touched.

My Netbook also has a high capacity battery - the original gives about
1-2 hours of use.  The high capacity gives me 4-4.5 hours if I'm lucky,
but it's at the expense of weight.  I haven't compared them, but I
wouldn't be surprised if the Netbook with high capacity battery weighs
as much, if not more than my Macbook.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Pope,