Subject: [Leica] IMG: Rotorua B&W vs Colour + big thanks to Leica service Germany!
From: jeffwill_nz at yahoo.fr (Jeff Williams)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 13:10:23 +0000 (GMT)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jeffw/

Hello LUG,

Sorry I have been so quiet lately, too much work etc etc. Trying to get get
back some balance!

A couple of months ago the minilux showed the E02 error. I seen this famous
shutter error three times now, the first two times Leica fixed it for a fee.
The third time I thought I'd email them and ask if it was worth fixing as
they had already fixed it twice before. I got a very nice mail back from
Leica service in Germany apologising for the third  occurance of the E02
error and inviting me to send it to them for a free repair which I promptly
did.

Back it came three weeks later in time for my holiday to NZ, so I decided
I'd take film instead of digital and give the Minilux a bit of work (to test
the new shutter of course!). The black and whites were taken with the
minilux at Rotorua which is a thermal region full of steam and boiling mud.
The colour shots were taken with an old canon T70 with a 28mm FD as it had
been a few years since I had put a film through this camera and thought some
exercise would do it good. I ended up liking both the colour and B&W shots,
each giving a different feel for the same region. All scanned on a Coolscan
V.

Comments and critiques welcome.

BIG THANKS TO LEICA SERVICE FOR A JOB WELLDONE ON THE MINILUX!

Regards
jeff le kiwi
Paris

Replies: Reply from foto at marcdufour.net (Marc Dufour) ([Leica] IMG: Rotorua B&W vs Colour + big thanks to Leica serviceGermany!)