Subject: [Leica] OT Re: macallan scotch porn, not great photos but...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 17:14:35 -0700

In case you've wondered about a shortage of fine single malt scotch about
the world or you find the price has sky rocketed out of reality to pleasure
of a wee dram.

You can blame the distillers for one,  for not being more astute to world
demands by countries where the sweet nectar if the Gods was really ever part
of their day to day libation. However, not long ago as I complained to a
chap from Scotland about the cost of a bottle of Lagavulin;  @ $104.oo
dollars Canadian!!!  :-( That is when it is available for importing.

However his comment from the mouth of one of the top folks producing
Lagavulin might be interesting? .... The elite of the Asian/India/China and
other countries have found the pleasant taste and are ordering and drinking
single malts the likes never before imagined! The demand is greater than the
availability, ERGO! Prices go up and the product becomes scarce!

But really if one is an appreciator of very fine single malt, why would one
ever consider drinking  "oh my God that rot gut Jack Daniels!"  Good only
for polishing your old army boots!

OK Right now I've moved into the deep side bunker! :-) I keep finding out
some people do like it!

But I have to say in my defense.  one of the worst hang overs  I've ever
suffered in my life was due to the least amount of liquid intake of Jack
Daniels! I felt like three Mack trucks had hit me, then backed over me to
make sure they did the job right! Trust me it might have been worse!!! :-)
One of those when you swear... " God let me live till noon and I swear I'll
never drink again, EVER!!!  That's how bad it was. :-( :-(

So when I see people talking about drinking the shoe polish, my body recoils
almost in anticipation of death!

At the moment as I sit here and type this I'm enjoying fine Scottish single
malt! What else? .. Lagavulin! :-) But at it's cost the size of the nectar
poured is truly limited to a very "wee dram!  :-)

Cheers,

ted