Subject: [Leica] Need advice on a "car camera"
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 20:03:47 -0500

Peter,

I have a Canon G10 for that purpose.  It is in a well-padded case in the
glove box all the time.  So far no issues with heat or cold.  It uses the
Canon raw format and the print size at 300 ppi is 11.5 x 14 at the default
aspect ratio.  Image quality is excellent, IMO, and its only fault so far is
that it is a 15mp sensor, so ISO 200 is about tops and default 80 is better.
Retail is $500.  I set it on aperture priority and use exposure comp to get
what I want.

Ken