Subject: [Leica] Week 8 Vogeltjesmarkt
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 16:54:59 -0700

Hi Michael,

A very nice series. I like the two ladies with one putting her finger on the
other to make a point of what I assume is something in her conversation. The
finger is what makes the photo work as simple as it is. But when one looks
closer they are both making a point with their fingers. Look at the lady on
the left as we look at the photo. Question?  Did you see both women's
fingers in the position as we see them and that's why you went.. "click!" ?
I can understand seeing the lady on the right with her finger to the coat
because it's so obvious. But I didn't notice the other lady until after a
second look. A very good story telling life moment.

 The fingers are the point of action that adds life to the picture.  It sure
works no matter what you observed and clicked at! :-)

Now I'm not a huge fan of "still life photos" unless they are on the mark!
And you have two as soon as I opened them I was grabbed . "Damn that's a
neat shot!" The tulip and the white wall, clean and simple! Along with the
two plants and the door!  Very nice fine art type seeing and everything
balances!  When they work they really work as these two do.  Good on you!
:-)

Cheers,,

ted