Subject: [Leica] 4 best and worst M lenses
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 05:11:54 -0400

Thank you all for your answer to the question which are the four best
and worst M lenses.

I asked the question after looking through a book in which the author
evaluated many Leica lenses. He said something nice about each lens,
but it seemed to me that didn't add up to much. He wasn't useful.

I'm not sure I say myself what the four best and worst are. That's why
hearing your opinions was of interest to me.

I like to shoot wide. I like to put the subject in some context and I
like a lot of depth of field. I will probably switch to the 21 ASPH.
The new 21 1.4 has allure for focusing in the foreground with
attractive bokeh in the rear, but the price--gulp--can only be
described in the lens' native language: Der  Preis ist zu deftig. Too
steep.

I use the Zeiss 25mm which gives good results and cost a lot less than
the wonderful Leica 24 summicron.

I also use the 35 1.4 ASPH and the 50 mm 1.4 pre-ASPH.

Top of the day to you all--Doug

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] 4 best and worst M lenses)