Subject: [Leica] Hello, to M8 users, can you tell me what your workflow is, for DNG?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:36:03 -0400

I'm sure I'll kick myself for not have done it sooner when up upgrade to
Lightroom II and get going with it. I know how its a totally different
ballgame than what I'm used to with Lightroom 1.
But finality is not an issue with my Bridge Photoshop workflo.
Most of the time I'm in the realm of the raw filter which is just as unfinal
as Lightroom;
Till I want to get serious about a shot then I open it all the way in
photoshop and do the dodging and burning and more careful sharpening.
Some selective noise reduction....
Then save it as a Photoshop .psd file.
I have to say I'm doing less straightening I'm getting kind of bored with
it. Things don't have to be parallel with the edges of the frame any more.
I let it lie. Or lay.

I've been going through a lot of images over the past weeks getting rid of
obvious bloopers so I have more disk space. And while I ma at it rating the
shots more carefully. One to 5 stars; just like Roger Ebert. And the colors
are nice too. Should have a thumbs up or down feature but you could have
that be a color.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Hello, to M8 users, can you tell me what your workflow is, for DNG?)