Subject: [Leica] Photoshop CS 3 to CS 4 Upgrade Worth It?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 02:57:21 -0400

Who is more responsible and get should get more credit for this  amazing
evolution in photography which is digital photography than Adobe?. Epson?
Did I forget anybody? With Photoshop they've created not a world to work in
but a universe. How many organizations, websites, cults are devoted to it?
Its not a metaphor for a DARK ROOM;
Its a metaphor for a BLACK HOLE with effects galactic on the crafting of
photography.

The suite in its many forms are an absurdly awesome enabling set of tools
very well integrated. Photoshop cubed. The idea of a guy being handed this
set of tools by somebody arbitrarily like its some kind of accident is
amazing to me. Who would have someone buy such a critical and expensive set
of tools like this?
"go out and buy me a suit and wallet and a car".
- and then complain about it?

I sound here mildly adoring on the Adobe company cult but I have
frustrations with it which I write about regularly on the LUG.
Sometimes when you lay them out in the sun to close to noon they dry too
fast and crack. Try building a house out of THOSE bricks!!
I've have used a half dozen or more of their software for decades and I
think they deserve a noble prize for excellence in wonderfulness.
Starting with Pagemaker which saved Apple with the 300 laser printer right
as it was getting off the ground in the mid to late 80's. It almost didn't;
Desktop publishing it was called.
I love their stuff.
I love the packaging. I love the documentation.
I love their logo. The color red they use for it.  Their icons.
Mainly of course I love the main Adobe INTERFACE which stays beautifully
consistent from program to program -
in front of some new thing with no clue was so what its for or what it does.
I just start using it..  They listen to their customers like no company I've
ever seen.
When the Photoshop program opens and I see all those names of the people who
developed this latest upgrade these people are Gods to me. Its a pantheon
rolling over. I wonder what they eat for breakfast. I think I met one once
at a wedding some bridesmaid or something.. I think I dropped down and
kissed the floor from whence they walked.
Mumbling  "I am not worthy" repeatedly. Maybe not.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron) ([Leica] Photoshop CS 3 to CS 4 Upgrade Worth It?)