Subject: [Leica] a quick hello
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:24:11 +0100

So much for a 'quick hello' :-)

What a great debate to start on the LUG...

I really enjoyed the pictures Ming.  I thought Tina's comments about the
FF DSLRs gathering dust was interesting.  I've just got a second M8 body
- it was going to be a toss-up between a 5D Mk II body or M8 and the M8
won in the end.  I will keep my canon lenses and continue to use my 20Ds
for the forseeable future.  The outfit is 'good enough' for long lens
and macro work.

Whilst I don't do an awful lot of street or people photography, I find
the M8 just suits my way of working, though I do enjoy working in LF
from time to time.
Tina's comments on L series lenses and CA I think may have sealed the
deal for me.  I think my next purchase will be an 18mm Super-Elmar - in
fact I decided to get the filter for this lens as a freebie when I
registered the M8.  Just need to sell my darkroom and save some more
pennies to get the lens...

Hope you enjoy the LUG.

All the best

Mark