Subject: [Leica] Lightroom and DMR files
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 08:20:39 +1000

George as I understand it 'embedded' means that particular file already
contains a 'profile' from elsewhere. I've seen this when opening M8 DNGs in
Camera Raw after processing them with Capture One. The same Raw engine in LR
as you know.
I just opened my only DMR DNG in both Camera Raw  5.3.0.21 and LR2.3 and I
only see the 'embedded' option too.
I suspect that the DMR is embedding the profile then? In any case operating
differently from the M8?
You may want to consider producing your own custom profile with DNG Profile
Editor. I've learnt a lot from trying this (with M8). Let me know if you
would like some detail there.

I suggest too posting a specific question on the Adobe forums. They are
monitored regularly by company people that know A LOT as well as other
users. Just ask nicely, there are some really grumpy people in there!
As an aside, I read on Adobe support about the changes involved in complying
to the DNG 1.2 standard. Amongst other things there is more support for
proprietary data and also camera calibration information. Its an informative
read if you can wade through the code speak.