Subject: [Leica] Equal to an M8
From: grdalton at hotmail.com (Gary Dalton)
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 13:00:25 -0700

Well, the subject line is a bit misleading...and a bit OT...

What we have here is a beginning gallery of Janey, our rescued Himalayan
cat. She is equal to an M8 because we've spent the equivalent of an M8 --
and probably all the accessories for one -- on chemotherapy treatments for
her lymphoma.

Diagnosed on Halloween, 2007, she's hung in there for a long time. As we
dial down some of the meds, we're seeing things we don't want to see, but
that's the nature of cancer. We just remain hopeful.

Why did we treat a rescued cat off the street?

Because we could, and because she reminded me of the story about the sand
dollars...

A guy is walking down the beach, picking up sand dollars as he goes. He
walks to the water and gently tosses them back into the foam...

A beachcomber observing the man asks, "Why are you doing that? There are
plenty of sand dollars in the sea. It doesn't matter if we lose some."

The rescuer raises up one of the sand dollars and says, "It matters to this
one."

http://filmuser3.smugmug.com/gallery/8315340_po4Dq/1/544711873_FXSgF

Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Equal to an M8)