Subject: [Leica] the new Noctilux 0.95 ASPH ...a blog
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 22:56:26 -0400

I know David from two Leica Historical Society of America meetings I've hung
out with him, spoken with him, shot with him and and farily extensively. And
he's shown me his work on his laptop.

With the D3x dwarfing the S in size and the S dwarfing the D3x and other so
called super full frame cameras in format they might have a real coup d'etat
on their hands in the photo world though of course the S dwarfs the D3x in
price making it much more of a rental than a buyer.
The issue might turn out to be how much does truer medium format results
dwarf the results of niche format Leica S. and for practical purposes it may
turn out to be for many uses not that much of an edge in image quality.

I have to say that holding an S camera in my hands and shot with it for five
minutes, Dr Andreas Kaufmann handed one to me at a Bloomingdales Leica bash,
you know you are awesomely enabled.  If a helicopter flew by you know you
could easily take it down. And the image quality edge of Hassy H and V
better be great as I'm sure the S camera can shoot rings around it from a
speed and spontaneity aspect.
The Hassy's are known to be a but frustratingly slow.
They could fix that next year though. with inspiration from Leica. Call it a
kick in the pants.

Mark William Rabiner