Subject: [Leica] More Ranthambhore
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 20:48:35 +0530

Looks like Doug and I have one track minds -for birds and mammals
respectively!

I just got back after a few days in Ranthambhore, mainly to try and
get some shots of tigers in and around waterholes, which is possible
around this time in the scorching, dry heat - one day it reached 47C.
Though sightings have been poor this summer, I again got lucky. I will
post as I process, but here are the first ones:

Langurs sitting around in a cliff face:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/20090522_0025.jpg.html

A young male tiger cooling off in the 47C heat:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/20090522_0671.jpg.html

The national bird and animal of India together:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/20090522_0718.jpg.html

The orphaned cubs are OK - this is the female one:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/20090524_0273.jpg.html

She was feisty, but we were very close - this is at 100mm, full frame:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/20090524_0303.jpg.html

She quenched her thirst:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/20090524_0354.jpg.html

She then moved away: