Subject: [Leica] VictorBlad
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:39:16 -0400

You can get a  501c for a couple hundred bucks now from the used glass case
of many a pro camera store. Half the time they throw in the back and the
lens.
When the digital thing hit I figured the first people to benefit the first
and fastest would be the Swedish: Hasselblad. They don't have to come out
with a whole new camera. They can just have someone else come out with a
back.
The long distinguished Company went belly up in no time flat.
Yes they were backs made by all kinds of companies.
But for many tens of thousands of dollars.
They were rented, not bought.
One of the guys from down in Denmark who made these backs bought them out.
Glass which I'd just got for my Hassy system new which made then Leica glass
prices look cheap in months were going for a decimal point less used.
All the wedding photographers were giving their gear away. Trading them in
for a few memory cards.

But the price points were bound to break soon.
And I'd be able to use my existing medium format system to shoot digital.
The prices now when you buy used or rebuilds or whatever they call these are
already in line with "super" 24x36 format cameras.

Mark William Rabiner