Subject: [Leica] S2 = 645
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 14:33:21 -0400

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2008/09/dav
id-farkas-bl.html
http://tinyurl.com/mglbmo

An interesting analogy made between the format of the S2 and the 645 camera
phenomenon in the 80's.

And nice shots I guess from David's blog which I'd not seen of the S2 in
hands.

To me 35mm photography in general is like trying to blast light through a
keyhole.
It's diffraction limited. Like shooting at f32.

But medium format even sliced thin like 645 to save calories just opened
things up and let the light blast through so to speak.
I never got to shoot much 645. I'd have loved to use one of those cameras.
But I already had my Hasselblad.

Mark William Rabiner