Subject: [Leica] Re Tigers at Ranthambhore
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward Caliguri)
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 12:46:32 -0400

Hi Jayanand

Thanks for clearing that up. I had assumed you were using Nikon
adapted R lenses.

The plight of the Tigers, not to diminish other animals that are
nearing extinction, is certainly sadder than some - each having their
own strange "complications."

I suppose the Indian government could work with the Chinese government
to enforce laws not to accept poached animals, may help the situation.
But if this is why the majority of tigers are lost, it will be a long
way off until this issue is addressd; the Chinese government having
much 'larger problems' to address I suppose  - human rights, becoming
a world economic superpower, global warming, etc.- places the
extinction of these animals near the bottom of the list. I hope some
organizations such as World Wildlife Fund can help in some way.
Meanwhile, thanks for helping by doing what you do best and showing
people these animals are worth the effort.

Ed