Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Robin Hood's Bay
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:59:25 +0200

Hello Susan,

I'm sorry, but I was rather disappointed when I looked at these. I've
known the village, "Bay" as it is called locally, for more than 50 years
and I was expecting more.

I hope you will be posting something of the old houses, the narrow
alleys and steps, the lovely little pubs, the little hidden gardens. Of
the two, I like the shot across the bay to Ravenscar with the lights of
the Raven Hall hotel. The other is of a part that is a relatively new
feature of the erosion protection plan that, IMO, could and should have
been done with a little more respect for the character of the village.
Of course the cliff walls were and are essential, but the street
furniture and walling the powers that be installed are totally out of line.

Looking forward to more.

Douglas (I'll be in Whitby and RHB in August/September for 3 weeks)