Subject: [Leica] FS: 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH 6-bit
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 03:33:35 -0400

I was just looking up 50 1.4's as I saw the Sigma
And its filter size is 77.
I thought I was looking at a 14 2.8

The Nikons is of course using a 52mm filter size and the Pentax a 49mm
filter size.
The Canon 50 1.4 is not its classic 55 mm canon filter size but 58mm.

I'd love to know what goes into this Sigma lens.
500 bucks it cost.

I would love to read Erwin's take on what a 77mm filter size on an optic
which should be the single easiest to design does.
I would guess no vignetting issues at all. Just a guess.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0808/08081802sigma50review.asp

It has a Ring-type ultrasonic focusing motor.
I like the sound of that!

I wish I knew what kind of rings though!

Newton?
Lord of?
Van Allen?
Ring Cycle?