Subject: [Leica] Women who eat too much......
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 00:54:15 +0100

"Ted Grant" <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote

LET'S GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT WITH THESE REPEAT COMMENTS AND WHO SAID WHAT!

FIRST OF ALL, "I TED GRANT" DID NOT MAKE THIS COMMENT! So let's get it
straight!

>> "Ted Grant" <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote in response to
>>  If I was her father I'd be beating her up and down mountains with
>> a stick - and have a combination lock on the fridge....<<<<<<

It is my understanding after seeing the above a number of times that Douglas
wrote this remark.
<<<<<<<

Ego te absolvo, Ted.
You most certainly did not write the remark about beating her up and down
mountains with a stick. I'm rather afraid that I did.

I, of course, apologise if this caused any offence or misunderstanding. It
was meant to be jocose, but, unfortunately, doctors differ and patients die,
so jocose remarks expire too. In Ireland, we pride ourselves on being able
to withstand jocose banter, it tends to be a national characteristic, but
conditions are different elsewhere, and sensitivities vary profoundly. A
jocose remark which would flourish in Ireland dies withered in the barren
soil of cyberspace and leaves me embarrassed for typing it.

If it's any consolation to the offended, I'm trying to diet & exercise too,
as the erstwhile Celtic Tiger has left the denizens of a newly portly nation
both puzzled & dismayed by its recently found food addiction. I'm still
trying to work out how the winner of many mountain races in the 80s has
managed to hide his hitherto sylphlike figure in the gourmand gargantua of
the noughties. In fact I ask that question of the reflection in the mirror
daily........

Douglas

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Women who eat too much......)