Subject: [Leica] Oly EP 1 versus Pana G1
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:18:03 -0700

Hi Luggers,
As pretty as it is, I don't think the EP 1 will be as versatile as
the G1. The latter's EVF is very handy, with its magnification mode
(the same as the back LCD) when shooting with long MF lenses. You get
three point balance - head and two hands when looking through the EVF
- and that has got to contribute to steadiness compared to holding
the EP 1 at arms length (in one hand) while focusing with the other.
And, although a viewfinder may be fine for shorter focal lengths, I
see limited usefulness for really long focal lengths. But it is
pretty. :-)
Here's my R 180 APO on the G1.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/R+Tele+on+G1/G1Telyt-
APO180w.jpg.html
  http://tiny.cc/SDJe4
Try to focus that handheld at arms length and compose with a
viewfinder atop the camera! My 2 cents.
Cheers Howard
Pender Island