Subject: [Leica] Desert sand - sunny 16?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:42:12 -0400

Dante -

This is like photographing snow.  If you want it to stay white (or
the sand to stay bright) you have to open up more than the meter is
suggesting.  The meter is telling you how to make everything zone 5
grey.  I would use the meter reading and open up at least one stop,
but I would also bracket like crazy.  On the other hand, you could
shoot digital ;-)

Have fun.

Tina