Subject: [Leica] The rangefinder is back! - Olympus EP-1
From: s.yoder at verizon.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:21:11 -0400

While I fully agree with those who champion an optical VF, it seems to
me that cameras like the EP-1 assume mostly zoom lenses. That makes a VF
a more complex matter: either it autozooms as the lens is zoomed (and
integral with the body), or it is an aux zoom VF that must be separately
adjusted everytime you adjust lens focal length. The former probably
increases cost, the latter would slow one's picture-taking.

Stan Yoder, Pittsburgh
GO PENS!

The old snapshooter posture was camera to the eye, arms akimbo. The new
is an arched back, arms straight out like a race driver.

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] The rangefinder is back! - Olympus EP-1)