Subject: [Leica] IMG: speaking of transportation as sculpture
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:28:31 -0700

Frank,

No,no!  It was originally available as the AC Ace, but with a AC
engine.  It later came available as the AC Bristol. I had and raced one
in 1957..  However the Ace was derived from the Tojeiro Special, a car
which tried to emulate the lines of the Ferrari Barchetta.  My
AC Bristol had the full D3 engine and was the most reliable British car
that I ever raced.  The only pats that died regularly were the
front brake drums.  Fortunately my car came from the factory with a
crate of spare parts including a dozen drums. The following year
they switched to front disc brakes.  Too late for me as I had picked up
my1500cc Carrera GS Coupe.  Sweeet!

Jerry