Subject: [Leica] My Epson 700 Scanner just died, I think......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:46:36 -0700

I was happily going along scanning ( 8x10 sized full sheets of 120 slides in
8x10 mode) when stuff started to happen....

Using Epson Scan ( but same problem with Vuescan)....

There appeared scan lines... parallel to the 10 inch dimension of the
scan..... in many places.  Lines are single colored, but on the left they
are blue and then they progress to green and finally red)
Scan is for slides, 300dpi, all the options for scanning improvements is
turned off
Preview and stored scan are showing the same defects
A Scan of a printed advertisement in the reflective mode shows NO scan
lines...

I just finished up working with Epson Tech Support to see if there was
something I was doing.,....

Full system reboot, cold
Uninstall and reinstall the EpsonScan SW  ( I did get the newest SW and
drivers....)
Same issues, same approx places on the scan.....

They said the scanner transparency adapter is at fault ( which I believe is
correct)... ( unplugging and replugging has no net effect)
And want me to bring it to service.....under warranty.....

Before I let someone inside my scanner, has anyone out there had similar
problems and found a solution?

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] My Epson 700 Scanner just died, I think......)