Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome RIP
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:15:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Jim Shulman wrote:

>There is but one left:
>www.dwaynesphoto.com

And this is the reason I reluctantly said goodbye to Kodachrome a few years
ago.  Not that Dwaynes is a poor choice, but because there are no
alternatives.

My last roll of Kodachrome was a hoarded K25 in my freezer; comparing its
slides with the photos from my then-new DMR put the last nail in the coffin.
 The Kodachromes were a major factor in their day and a huge part of my
personal growth as a photographer, but their day is long gone.  I'll let
these last few months of Kodachrome slip away, but like Kodachromes my
memory of its days in my Leicaflex will never fade.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com