Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome RIP
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:06:58 -0400

I don't think of what I'm doing now as is fleeting though.
Kodachrome seemed stuck in time it faded far far less than any other stuff
then I've been able to notice but it did fade in some situations.
On the methane atmosphere moon on Jupiter.  Too damp. Say goodbye to your
magenta layer.
The bright side of Mercury. Way too bright. Fades the heck out of your cyan
layer.
The very first digital file I ever captured has not faded
.000000000000000000000000001
And the raw filter plug-in jobbies get better and better so every time I
open it I can process it better.
Every day in every way.
Kodachrome was great as was some other films but scan them as soon as you
can so they REALLY become stuck in time and become very accessible and
workable in ones body of work.
That's what I say.
If it ain't digital WHERE IS IT?
Not here that's for sure.