Subject: [Leica] stop-down focussing (was: Re: FS: All of my R gear (sadly!))
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:46:22 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>Its just my impression that a certain group of people out there all the time
>don't think twice about it. Not that I can name one.

You're right, there are quite a few people who are successfully either
focussing at working aperture or stopping the lens down to working aperture
after focussing.  Several are on this list.  My typical subjects move too
often and too quickly to make it work for me.  It's one of the reasons I use
the f/6.8 Telyts at full aperture.  I wish they had an automatic diaphragm
like the 280mm f/4 APO does.  I find myself using the 280 with 1.4x extender
much more often than the 400mm f/6.8 in order to take advantage of the
automatic diaphragm.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com