Subject: [Leica] wedding photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:26:03 -0700

Elizabeth Reid showed:

I was out at a wedding a few weeks ago in western Massachusetts. Here

are a couple dozen of photos from that:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ereid/MassWedding

Hi Elizabeth,

A fine set of photographs capturing the event. Obviously everyone was having
a great time and we only know they were through the success of your photo
coverage! Without any idea how many weddings you've had the good fortune to
attend and take pictures? I'd say you are well on the way to becoming a
regular wedding photographer. Sure with more experience in what works and
what doesn't you'll do fine.

I think what you've shown in this series is your ability to capture the
un-posed candid fun moments most people miss. Because many of the photos
required are pre-programmed in so many posed set-ups. It's my understanding
more and more couples want the candid coverage as much, if not more than the
special posed images. But you have to know how and when to do the set-ups
because if you don't, you'll sure as heck run into a bride's mother..
"Usually a vampire in wedding clothes!" :-) Who will vilify you if you do
not do the usual happy couple set ups. Most of the time they are the same
old boring pictures. Whereas your photography is a much better story telling
series that it really was a big happy fun wedding!

Oh one last thing, simply because weddings are a a big pain in the butt!
Charge a ton of money!!!!! :-) Crucial to your well being during the wedding
and your after the weddings over mental state!! :-) Because if you have to
shoot something you hate doing, you might as well be very very happy with
what you receive for the pain and agony of shooting it! :-)

Dr. ted :-)