Subject: [Leica] Berliner Mauer
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:41:55 +0100

Berlin really amazed me. I think I was expecting a dull, worthy city, but I
found it fantastically lively and inexpensive for a capital. It didn't knock
Paris of the top of the pile of my favourite cities, but it came in second -
and a long way ahead of London.

I usually recommend this hotel, which is where I've stayed both times that
I've been...

<http://www.hotel-jurine.de/_en_index.html>

The hotel is on a fairly quiet street, but there are lots of bars cafes and
restaurants within a short distance.

Steve

On 29/6/09 02:29, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Notwithstanding my many friends in other cities, Berlin is my favourite bit
of
> Europe, thus far. The redevelopment pace in post DDR areas is
> markedly
different to this casual observer. Still we found a great warmth
> and
friendliness in the citizenry.
Personally I'd be happy to own the
> apartment we stayed in at Louisa's Place
on the Ku'Damm. Just as soon as we