Subject: [Leica] Which M to sell to get which M8?
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:26:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 George Lottermoser <imagist3 at mac.com>replied:

>these things really do get to be a toss up

>carry batteries?
>or
>carry films?

>personal preferences and work flow considerations

>>On Jun 29, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Frank Filippone wrote:

>> When you do not want or can not carry batteries.....like on a back
>> packing
>> trip....
I can see going out with just film, but I can't even travel around town with
only
a digital camera.  Lately I've left my 30D at home on weekends, and felt
liberated,
somehow (probably because I associate digital capture with official work).

And, in light of last week's announcement, I loaded my Retina IIa with some
Kodachrome
64 (and an M3 with a roll of HIE) so I can get in some satisfaction before
the end.  It's
a quaint feature of the Retina that the film reminder has film names, not
ASAs - Super XX,
Plus-X, Kodachrome Type A, Kodachrome Daylight, and Infrared.

Alan

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3 at uwm.edu

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Which M to sell to get which M8?)