Subject: [Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell
From: summicron at comcast.net (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:36:51 -0500

I agree.  It is a very difficult decision.

Unfortunatly, I didn't have the same experience with my jump to
Canon.  At first , I didn't sell anything when I moved to my Canon
40D.  It didn't take me long to sell that camera and lens, though.
Now I'm on to Nikon, D700.  It, in my opinion, produces far better
images (owing, in large part, to the fact that its autofocus actually
autofocuses).

That aside, I find myself, now, selling my first bit of Leica M gear.
It wasn't a difficult decision. I'm selling my 90 AA to fund the 24 -
70 f2.8 lens.  As much as I love the 90 (it produces simply
spectacular results as I'm sure you all know), I really hardly ever
used it.  The 35 and 50 are pretty much glued to the M6 and M3,
respectively, and I rarely change that.  So, the 90 went on the block.

Now, whether or not I sell anything else would be a MUCH more painful
decision.  Currently, I have no plans to sell anything else in my M
kit.  In fact, I fully plan on purchasing the new Voigtlander 50 f1.1
to satisfy my Noctilust!

Frank Farmer
Jackson, Miss.