Subject: [Leica] Why Leicas with Nazi symbols should be trashed, not collected
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:51:08 -0400

Actually, Peter, it's not. Difficult. ;-)
Sure, if one is a hard-liner one could argue against purchasing anything
produced in German from 1933 to June of 1945. On the other hand, it's a lot
easier to say that one doesn't want to own any specifically Nazi
paraphernalia. As there are so many Leicas and only so much money to buy
them with, why would one conceivably want to own swastika-bearing Leicas?