Subject: [Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell now Canon/Nikon
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 07:37:46 -0400

At 11:58 PM 6/30/2009, you wrote:
>My first hit when I did that was John Paul Caponigro:
>http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=1486
>
>" Chromatic aberration is easily corrected with most RAW file converters,
>such as Adobe?s Camera Raw and Adobe Lightroom. .)  Recent versions of
>Canon?s dedicated RAW image processing software, Digital Photo Professional
>(version 3.2 or higher), have a new tool tab with special commands that will
>automatically remove chromatic aberration from your images, as well as
>sliders for ultra-precise manual control of color fringing.
>"
>
>Mark William Rabiner

Yes, I used those and other software
solutions.  They all degrade the image.  You
remove the color but the out-of-focus fringing is
still there.  Why should you have to use software
to correct a problem that shouldn't be there in
the first place?  I don't have any problem with CA on Leica wide lenses.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell now Canon/Nikon)