Subject: [Leica] Why Leicas with Nazi symbols should be trashed,
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:56:33 -0700

Maybe I should've filed this post under this topic head, but the message is
still the same.

Today is the celebration day of my country CANADA obviously it's "CANADA
DAY!" for all the "Crazy Canucks" of the world and this massive northern
country of ours. So a couple of thoughts for the day and the current topic
at hand.:

1/ A great big HAPPY CANADA DAY to the world and the Canadians on list! May
all other Nationals please enjoy a moment of thought in joining us in this
celebration of freedom. Man it is the best! :-) Where we enjoy the
multitudes of ethnic origins who go freely about without fear. No armed
guards on every street corner. "WHERE GUNS ARE FORBIDDEN!"

You also learn to ice skate, play hockey, ski, get your ass frozen in
winter, drive ski-doos wildly across the country side and shovel snow. Along
with all the winter associated fun things. :-) As in, if you drive too fast
on icy streets you keep right on going when you apply the brakes.  Now
that's a thrill of a lifetime as you slide down one of those steep streets
of Vancouver! Heart racing as you are about to crash into a very expensive
car, that is also sliding down the hill, just not as fast as you! :-)  But
we all love it and wouldn't really live anywhere else on Planet Earth. Well
OK maybe in January at 40 below zero? We might trade a spot for a warm sunny
beach for a week or two and warm up! :-)

So with the above feel good in mind.

2/ "Swastika discussion and Nazi Symbols?"

May I politely suggest before this subject/topic becomes any further blurred
due to interpretations and use, possibly maddening and infuriating, not to
forget hurtful! Could we all just park it and leave it alone? Simply because
it's one of those subjects that really should be discussed face to face. So
there isn't any time delay between opinions read, interpretation in meaning
and response sent.

 Nope not trying to curtail freedom of speech! Just a simple suggestion
avoiding misunderstandings and some folks feelings hurt.

Remember it's really all about CANADA DAY! So everyone this day have a good
one, enjoy what we each have because there are many who have nothing!

Breathe deep, relax and thank the Great Spirit you are vertical, breathing
and have a pulse! Then smile to yourself! Even if you are alone or in a
crowd of thousands.

Cheers,

Dr. ted  :-)

Replies: Reply from charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer) ([Leica] Canada Day)